Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Seit PISA blickt alles nach Finnland. Hat das Land ausser guten Schülern, Handys und Nokia sonst noch etwas zu bieten?

Moderatoren: Peter, Sapmi

hullu poro
Alter Schwede!
#16 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von hullu poro »

Mein Bruder hat CAE gemacht und mir wurds angeboten, die Vorbereitung fiel nur leider direkt in meine Abizeit, deswegen hab ichs leider nicht machen können...
Uns wurde bei der Informationsveranstaltung gesagt, dass CAE mehr wert ist als TOEFL, weil es überall (höher)anerkannt wird. Mehr dazu weiss ich leider nicht mehr, ist schon ein Weilchen her das ganze...
Zuletzt geändert von hullu poro am 12. Jan 2006 13:54, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
<span style="color:darkred;">Sometimes I cannot take this place. Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face. You'll never see me fall from grace.
Something takes a part of me...
</span>
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
Maria
Landkartengucker
#17 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Maria »

Das IELTS (International English Language Testing System) ist nicht direkt von Cambridge, allerdings hängen die da irgendwie mit drin. Ist eine Gemeinschaftsorganisation von: University of Cambridge ESOL Examinations, British Council, und IDP: IELTS Australia. Schau am besten mal http://www.ielts.org/ nach.
Zuletzt geändert von Maria am 12. Jan 2006 13:55, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Was wir brauchen, sind ein paar verrückte Leute; seht euch an, wohin uns die Normalen gebracht haben.
- George Bernard Shaw-
Hans
Salmiakki Resistenter

#18 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Hans »

Was kosten die Sachen so im einzelnen, gibts da mal Vergleichswerte ?
Terugkomen is niet hetzelfde als blijven (Unbekannt)
Villiruusu
Linie 3T-Fahrer
#19 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Villiruusu »

Infos (Quelle: http://www.fulbright.fi/) auf Englisch (unter Computer-Based Testing) :

The TOEFL is the standardized language test most frequently required by U.S. universities and colleges. It is also used as an English-language test in other parts of the world.
The test consists of four sections, all of which are mandatory: listening, structure, reading, and writing.

Listening: 30-50 comprehension questions, 40-60 minutes.
Structure: 20-25 questions, 15-20 minutes.
5 minute break
Reading: 44-60 comprehenson questions, 70-90 minutes.
Writing: an essay on an assigned topic, 30 minutes.

Computer-based (CBT) TOEFL tests may be taken every week in Helsinki in the Fulbright Center's testing center. Tests take place on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10:00 a.m., on Thursdays at 1:00 p.m., and on the second Saturday of every month at 11:00 a.m.
The TOEFL test costs 140 USD.

Registration
Online or to the European Regional Registration Center (RRC) in the Netherlands. Applicants should register well in advance. The International Test Scheduling Form can be downloaded from the TOEFL web site, http://www.ets.org/toefl Registration to the RRC can be done in one of several ways:

By telephone: +31-320-239-540 (Mon-Fri 10-19)
It is recommended to get familiar with the Test Scheduling Form prior to calling, however the Form should not be sent to the RRC. At its fastest it is possible to receive the test date 3 working days after the phone call, provided there is room in the test center. The test date will be confirmed over the telephone. Applicant should also request an e-mail confirmation of the test date.

By fax: +31-320-239-541
At its fastest it is possible to receive the test date 7 working days after faxing the Scheduling Form, provided there is room in the test center. The test date will be confirmed by e-mail or mail. If no confirmation is received, the applicant should call the Registration Center at least 3 working days before the earliest test date choice.

By mail
Prometric PTC Registrations Europe
P.O. Box 2024
8203 AA Lelystad, The Netherlands
At its fastest it is possible to receive the test date 3 weeks after mailing the Scheduling Form, provided there is room in the test center. The test date will be confirmed by e-mail or mail. If no confirmation is received, the applicant should call the Registration Center at least 3 working days before the earliest test date choice.

When registering Online, by phone or by fax, payment may be made only by credit card (Visa, MasterCard or American Express). When registering by mail, a check or credit card may be used.

Finnish citizens taking the TOEFL must prove their identity by presenting a valid passport, driver's license, national identity card, European ID, or military passport.
International students taking the TOEFL must prove their identity by presenting a valid passport. If the person is an EU citizen or a citizen of a country that has signed the Schengen Agreement, a national or European ID card is also acceptable.

If the test date must be changed or cancelled, the Registration Center in the Netherlands must be contacted at least 3 working days prior to the test. If the registration date is changed within this time limit, a fee of 40 USD will be charged. If the registration is cancelled, a fee of 65 USD will be refunded, provided the cancellation is made within the required time frame.

TOEFL scores range from 0 to 300 points. There is no minimum score that must be passed, since each institution defines its own score limits. The results are valid for two years. During this time, test score reports are available from the Educational Testing Service (ETS). The Fulbright Center does not provide score reports.

A preliminary score is visible on the test taker's computer display immediately following the test. After viewing the scores on the screen, the student has the option of either reporting or cancelling. If reporting is chosen, the official score report will be mailed to the student and to as many as 4 institutions or agencies, which may be chosen on the day of the test. When selecting the recipients, the student will need to know the name and location (state or country) of each. If the name of an institution is not found in the test catalogue on screen, the necessary contact information may be written on a special form after the test. For this reason, it is important to bring the names and addresses of chosen institutions to the test center.

The final score report will arrive from ETS within a month of the test if the essay is typed. If the essay is written by hand, the result will arrive 6-7 weeks after the test. Faster delivery is not possible.

Preparing for the TOEFL
Students may prepare for the TOEFL at the Fulbright Center's test practice station and use practice materials provided by the Information service.

Additional TOEFL Information from the home page:
http://www.ets.org/toefl
[VERBORGEN]
Maria
Landkartengucker
#20 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Maria »

Das Cambridge Examen kostet 130 € für das First Certificate (FCE) und 150 € für das Advanced (CAE).
Alle weiteren Infos zu Terminen, Prüfungsorten usw. gibts auf den Internetseiten der jew. Organisationen. s.o.
Was wir brauchen, sind ein paar verrückte Leute; seht euch an, wohin uns die Normalen gebracht haben.
- George Bernard Shaw-
Lissy
Landkartengucker
#21 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Lissy »

Wie sieht es mit einem Veterinärmedizinstudium in Finnland aus? Also wird das häufig angeboten oder eher selten? Gibt es so etwas wie einen Numerus Clausus?
[VERBORGEN]
hullu poro
Alter Schwede!
#22 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von hullu poro »

Wie es mit Veterinärmedizin ist weiß ich nicht explizit, aber so etwas wie einen NC gibt es meines Wissens nach nie, Studienplätze in Finnland werden über Aufnahmeexamen vergeben. Kannst du denn so gut Finnisch?
<span style="color:darkred;">Sometimes I cannot take this place. Sometimes it's my life I can't taste.
Sometimes I cannot feel my face. You'll never see me fall from grace.
Something takes a part of me...
</span>
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/ ... /event.png[/img]
Naali
Kela Überlebender

#23 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Naali »

BildBild
Lissy
Landkartengucker
#24 Re: Als Ausländer in Finnland studieren

Beitrag von Lissy »

Vielen Dank!

@hullu_poro: Nein, leider nicht. Es würde für mich auch noch nicht in Frage kommen... Wollte mich nur über die verschiedenen Möglichkeiten informieren, weil im Ausland auch manchmal Studiengänge auf Englisch angeboten werden (in Chile z.B. :)
[VERBORGEN]
Antworten

Zurück zu „Bildung und Forschung“